Requests for Review
My 2018 book review schedule is full!! ☺ (Updated 1/21/2018)
To be considered for a guest spot or to have your 2019 release reviewed, please fill out this form. https://goo.gl/forms/26SJuF0kiwjYHEF32
Types of Christian books I enjoy most:
- Books with strong Christian themes – forgiveness, repentance, restoration, mercy, sacrificial love
- Biblical Fiction – search #biblicalfictionfriday on twitter
- Historical Fiction
- Cozy mysteries
- Children’s & YA fiction and non-fiction
- Non-fiction: Church history, apologetics, prayer, discipleship
- Bible Studies (Theology Matters)
I ❤ print copies and audiobooks!
I WILL NOT READ:
- Charismatic / LDS / New Age
- Graphic Violence
- Romance w/explicit sexual content or excessive pining 😛
- Any book in which the author uses the word 🔥hot🔥 to describe a character. #petpeeve
- Sci-fi* (it’s just really not my thing).
I use the star rating system when posting to Goodreads and Amazon because it is the culture of those sites and one of their primary functions.
However, I’ve moved away from a star-based review system on the blog. By doing so I hope to shift the focus away from the rating and back to the author’s originality, character development, and writing style.
⭐ Value System (I used in older posts)
5: I bestow this rating on books that are EXTRAORDINARY — they move me deeply, strike me as being unique for their genre, or stick with me long after I put them down.
#didntseethatcoming #tearjerker #SUSPENSE! #pageturner #riveting #MustRead #bookclub #TopPick #Bestof2016
Bottom Line: These are books I expect to read again and again.
4: I really enjoyed the book and/or thought it was VERY GOOD — the likelihood of me re-reading the book is favorable.
3: It was GOOD — I liked it/found it to be entertaining.
(This rating is not meant to be a slight against the author or the book.)