Cherished Book Club
A book is better when it is shared amongst friends. This virtual book club is for readers with an affinity for Christian books whether fiction or non-fiction. We will choose one book month to devour and discuss. Read at your own pace, comment on the weekly discussion prompts, and feel free to suggest future titles.
When possible, I will invite authors to join us for an end of month chat session.
Relax. Read. Grow.
- The big rules for our book club: No spoilers that take place in the rest of the book, and only post after you’ve read the section (which helps prevent you from being “spoiled”). We do allow spoilers for each section, though. For instance, if this week’s reading was on Ch 1-3, you can talk all about everything in Ch 1-3, spoilers and all, but do not share anything from Ch 4+.
- Read the book and comment during the allotted time. Our goal is to chat about the book, so all we want to know are your book-related thoughts.
- Go back and comment on other people’s responses. The purpose is discussion, so don’t stop by once, stop by a few times.
- Don’t talk about anything AFTER the assigned section. If you read ahead, it’s okay! Just stop at the assigned points and jot down some notes (before continuing to read!). That way, you can comment along with everyone else without giving spoilers by accident.
- Have fun with it. It’s a book club, not an assignment.
Where We Meet
Only on Facebook! This way you can participate no matter where your summer activities and travel plans take you. Request to join the group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/CherishedBookClub/. Can you invite friends, aunts, cousins, or mom to join? Sure. We will be choosing Christian fiction and non-fiction books only so this could be an indirect way to present the gospel.
When Do We Meet
Each month I will post the reading schedule here on the blog and on our group page. Discussion questions will be posted on Friday – giving you the weekend to respond. Since we are doing our discussion in a Facebook group the comments will never go away. If you fall behind you can read the comments from the session you missed and rejoin us at the next discussion time.
How Books Are Chosen
You may post suggestions right to our Facebook wall. I will compile the suggestions and we will vote directly on our Facebook page. Don’t worry if you suggestion is not picked the first time – you can resubmit the title for consideration the following month.
I look forward to chatting with you and I pray that we will be mutually encouraged through great Christian literary works!